Research In Motion (NASDAQ: RIMM; TSX: RIM) will preview the upcoming, highly-anticipated BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) from Thursday, January 6 to Sunday, January 9. Attendees can visit the BlackBerry booth (#30320 in the South Hall) to check out the powerful new tablet in action.
With industry leading performance, uncompromised web browsing, true multitasking, HD multimedia, advanced security features, out-of-the-box enterprise support and a robust development platform, the BlackBerry PlayBook is the world’s first professional-grade tablet.
“Initial feedback about the BlackBerry PlayBook has been outstanding,” said Mike Lazaridis, President and Co-CEO at Research In Motion. “Our strategic decision to invest in groundbreaking performance, web fidelity and an open web-based development environment is resonating extremely well with customers and developers.”
BlackBerry PlayBook specifications
- 7″ 1024×600 WSVGA capacitive LCD touch screen
- Ultra-portable at less than a pound and less than one-half inch thick: 0.9 lbs (400g) and 5.1” x 7.6” x 0.4” (130mm x 194mm x 10mm)
- 1 GHz dual-core processor
- BlackBerry® Tablet OS with support for symmetric multiprocessing
- MP3, AAC and WMA audio playback
- Support for 1080p HD video playback (H.264, MPEG4, WMV)
- HDMI out
- Dual HD cameras for video conferencing and video capture
- 1 GB RAM memory
- Up to 64 GB internal storage (16, 32 and 64 GB models)
- Wi-Fi® (802.11 a/b/g/n) connectivity
- Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR support