In addition to its unrivaled graphics capability, the Tegra processor provides exceptional energy efficiency, a critically important feature for electric cars. One processor will be used to power the infotainment and navigation systems, and another for the instrument cluster.
The infotainment and navigation systems feature:
- 17-inch high resolution display, the largest display ever in a car
- Responsive touchscreen with a fully intuitive user interface
- Connected navigation with live traffic, points of interest and weather
- Touchscreen-based climate-control system
The all-digital instrument cluster features:
- Ultra high-resolution, driver-friendly 12.3″ LCD display
- Advanced 3D graphics providing data about the vehicle
CES 2011 attendees will be able to view the Model S outside the Las Vegas Convention Center in the Central Plaza, booth # CP7.